JSW

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Big-city reality

I have seriously underestimated my bike. I'm not quite sure when or how but it must have houdinied itself out of the lock wrapped around the streetlight post right outside my building. For some reason it even decided to the lock with it...
No, dear readers, for the first time in my life I've been a victim of theft. And for someone who's lived in scallywag areas of Manchester for several years, this is certainly a fistful of irony right in my solar plexus.
No great loss I suppose but since my landlord hasn't bothered to take out an insurance for the flat yet (he will though, un beau jour) it's unlikely that'll ever get compensation. The real question, however, is what to do with the frightfully expensive Thule bicycle carrier for my car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home