JSW

Sunday, May 22, 2005

The Next Step

Shortly after returning from France I travelled to Catalonia to attend a wedding in Cambrils. It was one of Jenny's Spanish cousins who got married in what was a very nice seremony. The party afterwards was also great, given an edge by the fact that FC Barcelona won the Spanish league the same evening. I shot a great picture of the groom and best man celebrating the league title wearing azulgrana colours, momentarily perhaps forgetting the bride...

Visiting Spain in the spring is also a fantastic way of getting that early summer feelin'. Sadly, I only spent one weekend in Spain and after one last night i Kufstein I packed my Volvo so full of stuff you couldn't cram another semmel in there and formed a "convoy" with one of LKW Walter's truck drivers to transport all my stuff to Sweden (Malmö) in one go. Good planning ensured my father was in Sweden at the same time so everything went smoothly. My things are now safely stored in two EUR-pallets in a Malmö warehouse waiting for me to give "feu vert" to go to Stockholm.

An appartment söder om söder seems to be waitig for me in Stockholm enabling me to get an easy start there as far as accomodation is concerned. I haven't seen the place yet but I'm certain it's very nice. Those who plan to visit me this summer will be able to see for themselves. It's certainly big enough for one person and, needless to say, expensive enough too. Then there's of course the tiny matter of the job in Stockholm. There's unfortunately still some uncertainty regarding my starting date but I hope this will be settled quite soon. I hope so because everything has really be going well so far.

Yesterday my childhood friend David Stabell got married in Prestfoss (Norway) making him the first of us to take this leap. He seems to have found a great wife in Monica and together they'll contribute to make Norway an ever safer place, for ordinary citizens and the Royal Family alike. I'm sure they'll also provide their country with many little police officers in the years to come. I wish them much happiness all the best for the future!

PS: As soon as I'll get my own internet connection I'll start posting pictures from the various places I've been over the last weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home