JSW

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Colourful encounter

Fuelled by a few pints of Boddington's and a general joie de vivre after having watched ManU defeat Newcastle 2-0 I couldn't refrain from starting a conversation with a goth chic taking the seat opposite me in the tunnelbana. Dressed completely in black leather and with a silver-coloured skull on her t-shirt with the words "death or glory" below, I just had to ask her what kind of music she was listening to through the matching silver-coloured ear-phones. If it wasn't bad enough that it was just a very mainstream heavy metal band, she also pulled out a little packet of candy (the Swedes do like their godis) - Gummibärchen! Considering liquorice a more suitable kind of candy for her sweet tooth of death, I asked her "why this innocent candy? Is it a way of reaching out to general society saying I'm not as mean as I look?". As it turned out, she just happened to like wine gum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home